March is Sleep Awareness Month, and your Charlotte NC chiropractor want you to know how important it is to get a good night’s sleep. According to the American Chiropractic Association, surveys reveal that between 40 and 60 percent of the general population has trouble sleeping. Getting the proper amount of sleep is absolutely critical for achieving good health. Millions of people rely on sleeping pills as a short term fix for sleep. Not only is this harmful, it doesn’t solve the problem in the long term. We want to offer you some helpful tips that will help you get better sleep naturally:
Simple steps for a good night’s sleep
- Go to bed at the same time each night. The routine will help your body know when it is time to rest.
- If you are thirsty during sleeping hours, drink water that is room temperature. Cold water can disturb the digestive system.
- Exercise regularly. If you must exercise in the evening, do so at least two or three hours before bedtime.
- Try to avoid caffeinated beverages such as coffee, colas and tea late in the day and near bedtime.
- For each cup of caffeinated beverage that you drink, drink an equal amount of water.
- Eat an early dinner. Eating after 6 p.m. may interfere with sleep.
- Keep your bedroom dark and at a cool, comfortable temperature when you’re ready for bed.
- Using the proper pillow can make a big difference. Talk with your Charlotte NC chiropractor about cervical pillows and rolls for support.
Amazing care from Charlotte NC Chiropractor
Many people who suffer with joint pain and other injuries believe that their pain is an acceptable fact of life. As some of the best chiropractors in Charlotte, the doctors at ChiroCarolina™ are trained to diagnose and treat illness and pain. They understand that each individual has unique underlying factors and causes that need to be addressed in order to ensure full recovery or optimal health. ChiroCarolina™ also provides neuromuscular stimulation and physiotherapy to aid in the elimination of chronic pain.
You can also expect treatments to include supplemental therapies such as massage therapy, physical therapy, nutritional counseling, and lifestyle coaching when applicable. It is time to improve your quality of life. Patients visit from all over North Carolina, South Carolina, and as far as Georgia, Florida, and Virginia. ChiroCarolina™ is one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers providing top chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area- located conveniently off North Tryon Street.