Safety in the sun
A top Charlotte NC chiropractor often reminds parents that infants, toddlers, and children are extra sensitive to the sun. Protecting their skin should be a priority all year around, and especially during peak hours in the long days of summer. This goal is attained through a combination of persistence and good habits. Beyond the use of sunscreen, it is important to make sure that children wear proper clothing and eye protection. Hopefully, your children will enjoy all sorts of outdoor activities without increasing risk to their health. The following tips will help you teach your children to make sun safety a part of their everyday lifestyle.
Use plenty of sun block or sunscreen
- Most people do not realize that sunscreen must be applied at least 30 minutes before you or your child is exposed to the sun’s rays.
- For babies and children older than 6 months, it is advised that you use a sunscreen with a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or higher.
- Even with the use of sunscreen, you should dress your children in protective clothing.
- For babies younger than 6 months, always keep him or her out of direct sunlight.
- Dress your baby in protective clothing that includes a hat with a brim.
- If possible, even babies should wear sun glasses. Scented or colorful sunscreens can make it easier for you to see which areas have been covered well.
- Be sure to cover the ears, hands, feet, shoulders, and back of the neck.
- Apply a lip balm with SPF protection.
- Reapply sunscreen after swimming or eating, or every 2 to 3 hours.
“Care You Can Count On” in Charlotte from Charlotte NC Chiropractor
Your health and well-being is important to us. The doctors at ChiroCarolina™ are experts at the diagnosis and treatment of adults and for children of all ages. Patients visit from all over North Carolina, South Carolina, and from as far as Georgia, Florida and Virginia. ChiroCarolina provides numerous treatment modalities to aid in their healing and optimal health. Chiropractic care should be an integral part of you and your family’s life. Do not hesitate to drop in or to call ChiroCarolina™, one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers providing top chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area, located conveniently off North Tryon Street.
Tagged with: Charlotte NC Chiropractor
Filed under: Charlotte NC Chiropractor
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!