Best Charlotte chiropractor see countless patients who struggle with the pain and symptoms associated with herniated disc or what is commonly called “slipped disc.” For these patients, the pain, aches, and the numbness is all too familiar. The purpose of this article is to help you understand what is actually occurring in your spine.
Explaining herniated disc
- These intervertebral discs are comprised of two parts, an inner part and an outer part.
- The inner area is a malleable jelly that can be best described as similar to the gel used to make orthopedic shoe inserts.
- This jelly is contained by the outer part that is designed to allow the jelly to move and slide around as needed to protecting your spine when movement occurs.
- The outer part of the disc is designed to stay firmly between the vertebrate.
- The discs is similar in shape and form like a jelly donut.
- A herniated disc occurs when the protective barrier of the disc is strained, or damaged.
- The wall becomes distorted and the jelly starts to push into areas of the wall, causing a bulge similar to the bubble in an overinflated inner tube.
- This bubble in the wall pushes on the nerves that run along the spine, which in turn causes back pain and/or sciatica.
The best Charlotte chiropractic treatment for herniated disc
Do not guess about the condition of your body and your health. The doctors at ChiroCarolina® are experts at the diagnosis and treatment of numerous health problems. Best Charlotte chiropractor at ChiroCarolina® utilize several treatment modalities that can have you and your family enjoying optimal health; whether it is gentle spinal adjustments, dietary counseling, massage therapy, or lifestyle coaching. It is time to improve your quality of life. Patients visit from all over North Carolina, South Carolina, and from as far as Georgia, Florida and Virginia. Find some answers for your back pain at ChiroCarolina®, one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers providing quality chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area- located conveniently off North Tryon Street.