A top Charlotte NC chiropractor wants you to know that protecting your infant or toddler from the sum goes way beyond applying sunscreen. Small children and babies can quickly suffer serious illness from overexposure to the rays of the sun. This includes serious emergent conditions such as sunburn and heat stroke. Sunburn is a serious health issue for young children that often leads to pain, fever, and dehydration. Research has revealed that even one sunburn during childhood, raises the risk of melanoma and premature wrinkles later in life. When the summer time hits, we all want to be out there, but it is important to keep your baby completely out of the sun as much as possible before 6 months of age. Whenever you do go outdoors, be sure to take all the necessary precautions:
The shade is your friend
- Use the sunshade on your baby stroller whenever you are outside.
- If you own a collapsible stroller, you can buy a pop-up stroller shade that has built-in UV protection.
- Remember that the sun is strongest between 10am and 4pm, try to time your stroll or outside play with your baby earlier than 10 or later than 4.
- Keep in mind that the sun’s rays bounce off surfaces like water, snow, cement, and sand, which means that your baby can also get burned at other times of day, as well as on cloudy or overcast days.
- It is not the heat of the sun that burns the skin, it is the invisible ultraviolet rays. Even when you have applied sunscreen, try to keep your baby in the shade.
- For days when you have planned a day at a beach or out camping, carry along a sun tent with built-in UV protection.
The best chiropractic care in Charlotte
Excessive sun exposure a very serious issue and your Charlotte NC chiropractor has the answers that can greatly improve your health. It is important to understand that your Charlotte Chiropractor is your professional source for good health. ChiroCarolina chiropractors of Charlotte, NC diagnoses and treats every patient individually. Because of their successful treatment for pain and injuries they have earned the trust of patients visit from all over North Carolina, South Carolina; and from as far as Georgia, Florida and Virginia. They take into account the unique and underlying factors that have an effect on the patient. Their goal is to help everyone achieve optimal health. Call them today to schedule an appointment to receive the best Chiropractic care for your family. ChiroCarolina is one of Charlotte’s top chiropractic centers providing top chiropractic care for the uptown, NoDa, and University area- located conveniently off North Tryon Street.
Tagged with: Charlotte NC Chiropractor
Filed under: Charlotte NC Chiropractor
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!